Welcome to our English 10 page. Here you’ll find some of the resources needed to navigate the wondrous waters of our English class. We’ll dig deep into the literary landscape and our own writing as we explore the fascinating themes of self-discovery & crafting our own moral compass.
The timing couldn’t be better as you enjoy this exciting moment in your lives, entering the heart of your high school career, to consider who you’ve been and who you wish to become.
I’m eager to join this journey with you.
Just click on the links below to find helpful resources.
NOTE: Daily assignments & updates will be served up using our Google Classroom Stream page, so you’ll probably begin there and sometimes end up back here.
- Love Letter to My Students
- Intro Letter English 10
- Syllabus English 10
- Mercy Core Values
- Who Have You Been
- Excel Grade Tracker (Be in control of your own destiny & know where you stand!)
AREAS OF EXPLORATION & RESOURCES FOR OUR COURSE
- General English Class Stuff
- Grammar Grind
- Some Super Sentence Structure Stuff
- That Crazy English Language
- SOME SHORT STORIES
- The Perfect Paragraph
- Independent Reading Selected by Students
- The Power of Myth
- Gilgamesh & Sundiata
- Research Project: Cultural Research Meets Mercy Core Values (Concern for Women)
- Jane Eyre
- Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice
- FENCES by August Wilson
- LONG-FORM NON-FICTION (Great Stuff!)
- PORTFOLIO FINAL
MINDFULNESS & MORE MISC STUFF